| LondonMetric is due to report its first results after completing the takeover of LXI REIT, which has created one of Britain's largest listed landlords. Key things to watch are, as ever, changes in the real estate portfolio's value and how any sales of LXI assets are progressing. Luca Cartechini is the CEO and co-founder of ecommerce software provider Shop Circle. We met the former Jefferies analyst at his company's offices, in the buzzy tech hub near Paddington station. How do you save time? By focusing on a few important decisions every day and delegating other tasks to my team. Learning to delegate effectively is key when your team grows from 2 to 250 people in three years. That said, things constantly pop up when you run a scale-up, so I still tend to work from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on most days. On big days, I wear… a Boggi shirt, Church's shoes, and a nice watch. On my commute, I… I'm finally getting rid of my commute as I'm moving to Maida Vale, which is 10 minutes walking distance from our office in Paddington. Your favourite power lunch spot? I often grab something quick here in Paddington — poke or pasta. I usually meet customers or investors at Smith's Bar & Grill, a steakhouse in Sheldon Square, or Bondi Green, an Australian restaurant by the Little Venice canal. The best pub? The Pelican in Notting Hill, The Anglesea Arms in South Kensington, and the The Surprise in Chelsea. My worst trade, or equivalent, was… buying Asos shares during the pandemic. But, despite the recent trading performances, I still believe in the future of the company. At the start of my career, I wish someone had told me… that it's a marathon, not a sprint. And equally, be bold in your early career decisions. We tend to overthink the downsides when taking risks, especially on the old continent, but in reality you can usually go back to your previous job if your first entrepreneurial project does not work out. What are you reading? I think I've read most of the business books out there. Learnings from The Lean Startup by Eric Ries, Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson, and Built to Last by Jim Collins are things we're implementing every day at Shop Circle. How do you switch off? Most mornings at 7:30, my girlfriend and I take a walk through Battersea Park or Little Venice, talking business and life. And I go to the gym in the evenings, usually switching my phone to airplane mode for an hour. That's when I got my best ideas. Which gyms do you use? Depends where I am. Usually Soho House in White City, but we also have Nuffield near our office in Paddington, and sometimes I use a "cute" little gym in Battersea Park. |
No comments:
Post a Comment