| In the hours immediately following his sentencing, Salame decided that he should take to X (formerly Twitter) to warn that "this is going to get interesting quickly." He also defended his personal trading account on FTX, claimed he was unaware of one of the loans his signature was on, and blamed his criminal charges on advice he got from lawyers (Salame did not present an advice of counsel defense for his criminal charges). Eventually, he asked, "Who should I do the first public interview with?" He apparently hopes this will give him the chance to "share what really happened," because there is "lots not public yet." I'm skeptical that Salame has a lot of non-public information that will seriously change our perception of this case. I believe that if Salame had that type of information, his willingness to share it could have resulted in him receiving a less severe sentence. Instead, what we saw was a sentence over 20 times larger than Changpeng Zhao. Even more striking is the fact that Salame received a sentence longer than prosecutors asked for. |
No comments:
Post a Comment