Wednesday, October 2, 2024

A refreshing political moment

There actually is a better way to do this
 
   
     
   
 
OCTOBER 2, 2024
   

Hey y’all,

I watched last night’s Vice Presidential debate.

And I’m not going to analyze a word of what they said…

I’m just going to take a moment to appreciate what we saw.

For the first time since probably 2012, we saw two politicians on a national stage meet and debate issues with intelligence, composure, and mutual respect. 

 
 

Now, you probably have your preferred candidate. And you might think one candidate won the debate.

I do as well — but I’m not going to focus on that right now. Maybe I’ll talk about that more in the coming days, but I think there was something much more important in last night’s debate than winners or losers.

I honestly think what we saw yesterday was good for America.

I don’t know if you’re like me, but I had all but lost hope of ever seeing a political discussion like this again.

I feared the two sides were too polarized, too radicalized, and too downright hostile to ever say sentences like “I agree with a lot of what you just said, but” or “I respect my opponent’s service; however.” 

But those kinds of civil disagreements are what we were founded on. And it’s what I hope we can all get back to someday. Today’s debate was a big step in the right direction.

Now, what effect will the debate have on the markets? I doubt it’ll have any.

And it might not have a big impact on the election, either.

It’s still just a Vice Presidential debate.

But I’m going to wake up tomorrow (I’m writing this late at night on Tuesday after watching the debate, because I’ll be without internet for a few hours in the morning) with a lot more optimism about the future of the country.

I hope you will too! 

As for the markets, I still think the biggest indicator to watch today will be oil in the wake of Iran’s missile strikes on Israel that we talked about yesterday. 

Here’s what Crude Oil futures look like as I write this Tuesday night.

 
 

If we see significant moves higher, that will have a big impact on the markets, the economy, and potentially the election.

And with Israel’s retaliation still to come, it’ll be a key indicator to watch all month.

Of course, this could change quickly tomorrow, so keep an eye on the ProsperityPub Telegram where I’ll try to keep you updated with limited internet as best I can! 

Hope you have a great Wednesday.

To your prosperity,

Stephen Ground 

P.S.: With all the positive catalysts in the market, the potential for a Red Hot October for traders is still very high. Today at 2pm ET, I’ll join Jack Carter to share exactly how to play it. Catch our briefing here (don’t worry, I’ll find internet before then!) 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk: This Could be Massive... a Multi Trillion-Dollar Company

Have you seen Elon Musk's latest crazy prediction? Elon Musk: This Could ...