Thursday, October 10, 2024

In the belly of the beast

My trip to Washington part 1
 
   
     
   
 
OCTOBER 10, 2024
   

Hey y’all,

Yesterday I got a pretty cool experience.

I’m in D.C. for the weekend to attend a friend’s wedding. That friend is now the communications director for a U.S. Senator.

So he took me for a quick tour of the senate office buildings, meaning I got go inside the belly of the beast:

 
 

They’ve got a lot of cool stuff down there: a coffee shop, a gift shop, even a barbershop for the Senators and their staff!

It was a neat experience.

And it reminded me of something I think about a lot, actually. That at the end of the day, everybody is just a human being.

We might vilify politicians for the ways they behave and the things they do, and maybe we should (sometimes) — but they’re just people trying (in most cases) to make the best decisions possible day by day.

In any case, as I’ve been parading around D.C. I haven’t been as laser focused on the markets as I’d like to be.

I did close a nice little winner on F this morning from one of Lance Ippolito’s Options Pit plays:

 
 
Ended up being about a 15% gain. I might have held it longer but I’ll be out and about this week and didn’t want to miss anything.

I also saw the CPI print came in hotter than expected. Anyone else tired of talking about inflation?

Unfortunately, we’re not gonna stop anytime soon…

But oh well. I hope the week is treating you well and that your trading is going well!

I’ll keep you updated with the latest from my travels…

To your Prosperity,

Stephen Ground
Editor-in-Chief, ProsperityPub

 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Power Trends!

Hello, Thank you for subscribing! You will receive your first copy of Power Trends soon. We look forward ...